At least two people were reportedly killed and another six taken to intensive care after dry ice was thrown into a swimming pool at a Mosco blogger’s birthday party.
The horror happened at popular Instagram blogger Ekaterina Didenko’s 29 th birthday party at a pool and sauna complex in the Russian capital.
It is understood that partygoers Natalia Monakova and Uri Alferov, both 25, were confirmed dead at the complex on Friday.
Other guests suffered from carbon dioxide poisoning after the dry ice mixed with the pool water.
Some others were reported to have suffered chemical burns.
Caroline Flack assault case officially closed 10 days after Love Island star's death
Perv raped his best mate’s pregnant dog on camera – but pal has forgiven him
Insta blogger Ekaterina, who was wrongly reported as having been killed, posted: “I am alive, I am behind the doors of an intensive care ward.
“I don’t know who died.”
It is was alleged that her husband Valentin Didenko, 32, threw 25kg of dry ice in a bid to create a “visual effect” intended to impress the guests at the Moscow pool party.
But, as soon as the ice was poured, people started to faint.
Today's Top Stories
Ekaterina added: “Valya (Valentin) is in the intensive care, I don’t know what state he is in.”
Reports said Natalia Monakova and Yuri Alferov died from pulmonary edemas after breathing excessive carbon monoxide.
Mother-of-two Ekaterina is a popular Instagram blogger with one million people following her account which gives advice on medicines for home use.
A highly qualified pharmacist, she gives advice on keeping home medicine cupboards leaner and more effective while also sharing intimate moments of her own life.
In some videos, she is seen filming chemical experiments with her young daughter.
A big crowd of the couple’s friends was seen clinking glasses moments before the tragedy in the south of Moscow.
Ekaterina’s husband Valentin bought dry ice ‘to create an impressive steam show’ as the party guests jumped into a pool.
Tesco worker accidentally kills Grindr date during chemsex before dumping body
Cowardly man stabbed wife and child 37 times – before hiding in the shed
But as soon as the ice was poured in people started fainting. Paramedics failed to rescue two of the guest who was pronounced dead at the site.
There are unconfirmed reports that Valentin has since died.
The Russian Investigative Committee confirmed a criminal case was opened into causing death by negligence.
Source: Read Full Article