Family feud saw brothers stab sibling through car window and leave him to die

Two brothers who knifed their youngest sibling to death through a car window and left him to die on the roadside have been jailed for a combined total of 27 years.

Thomas Rogers was just 26 years old when he was fatally stabbed in the chest through an open car window in Birmingham on August 22 last year, reports BirminghamLive.

Paramedics were called and found him slumped on the road. Tragically, he suffered a cardiac arrest in an ambulance on the way to hospital and doctors were unable to revive him.

After falling out with his family, Thomas had gone to live with his mother in Newcastle and had threatened to 'kill' his oldest brother David in the weeks before his murder, Birmingham Crown Court heard.

Thomas moved back to Birmingham in July last year – a month before he was killed – and there followed another incident where his other brother Samuel had windows smashed at his home.

The court was told that the series of tragic events came to a head on August 22, when the two older brothers drove down to Birmingham to 'hunt down' Thomas in a revenge attack.

There, they spied him sitting in a Vauxhall Corsa and carried out their deadly attack.

David and Samuel Rogers were both armed with knives but the court was told it was David who stabbed him in the chest through an open passenger window.

He was left in the street with his heart pierced by the blade.

He was placed into an ambulance but despite the best efforts of medics, he suffered a cardiac arrest and paramedics were unable to revive him.

David Rogers, 33, of Nora Street in South Shields, was said to have called his mother minutes after the stabbing to tell her he had "sorted it" and Thomas would be back in prison after he got "off his hospital bed".

But when he discovered he had died of his injury, the court heard David was "in bits, repeatedly slapping his leg, crying and wailing".

He was found guilty of murder while Samuel Rogers, 30, of St Michael's Street, in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, was cleared of murder but found guilty of manslaughter.

David Rogers was jailed for life and ordered to serve a minimum term of 18 years.

Source: Read Full Article