Heroic Ukrainian woman buried alive by deadly Russian airstrike pulled to safety

A heroic Ukrainian woman crushed in a deadly Russian airstrike has been pulled out from rubble alive.

Emergency services in the shelled town of in Rubizhne, Luhansk, captured the dramatic moment they discovered a woman buried in debris and coated in ash.

Local governor Sergiy Gaiday said the devastating airstrike killed a civilian, injured five and another seven people "extricated themselves from the rubble".

Photos show the grim aftermath of Vladimir Putin's army firing at Rubizhne as it continues its onslaught in eastern Ukraine.

Rescuers managed to free the pictured casualty from piles of smashed timber and rocks yesterday afternoon (Tuesday, April 5) before an ambulance drove her to be checked over in hospital.

Shells and rockets have been raining down on the nearby industrial city of Severodonetsk as Putin backs from further west in Ukraine following humiliating defeats and focuses on the Donbas.

More bodies of Russian troops left to rot in battle have been found in eastern Ukraine as some estimates say more than 20,000 may have died.

The news of more Russian losses comes just a few hours after claims that Russian soldiers dug trenches inside the contaminated Chernobyl exclusion zone were seemingly verified thanks to new drone footage.

Other disturbing stories coming out of the Russian army include soldiers being so badly unprepared for the brutal invasion of Ukraine, that some have resorted to drinking from ponds filled with dead frogs.

  • Russia's 'Butcher of Bucha' unmasked as God-fearing commander blessed by priest

Since Putin's remarkable act of aggression in invading Ukraine, things have gone from bad to worse for his invading forces.

According to Russian conscripts on the frontline, many have been given 19th-century rifles and been ordered to draw enemy fire.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has accused Putin of trying to starve Ukraine into submission after his initial military assault has stalled.

Russian forces launched their invasion plans in late February and have been held back by brave Ukrainian forces, resulting in the Kremlin changing tactics.

For more shocking stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

Speaking to a special meeting at Ireland’s parliament, he said: "This night, our territory was again hit by Russian missiles. They are destroying things that are sustaining livelihoods to people."

"They also have blocked all of our sea ports, together with the vessels that had already agricultural cargoes for exports.

"Why are they doing this? Because for them hunger is a weapon against us, ordinary people as an instrument of domination."

Source: Read Full Article