Man, 30, shot dead near Sheffield United stadium with second in hospital

A 31-year-old man shot near to Sheffield United stadium is being treated for gunshot wounds in hospital after a second man, 30, was pronounced dead at the scene.

The shooting occurred just off of Clough Road in Sheffield city centre at around 9.40pm on Saturday April 10.

Emergency services arrived at the scene and immediately pronounced a 30-year-old man with "life-threatening injuries consistent with firearms discharge" dead.

Paramedics rushed a second man, a 31-year-old to hospital, where he is being treated for gunshot wounds, South Yorkshire Police said.

They added that the second man is said to have sustained "minor injuries consistent with firearms discharge," YorkshireLive reported.

Police have since launched an investigation to "find those responsible" for the death and injury of the men.

A cordon has been put in place around the scene, including a section of Bramall Lane, which is near to Sheffield United's stadium, while officers carry out enquiries.

Part of St Mary’s Church, which is next door to the stadium, has also been cordoned off.

Officers are expected to remain in the area until late on Sunday, April 11, as detectives carry out enquiries.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

South Yorkshire Police have urged anyone with information to come forward and quote reference 984 of April 10.

A spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Police said: "Police were called at around 9:40pm on Saturday 10 April to reports of shots fired in Clough Road, Sheffield.

"Police attended the scene and discovered a 30-year-old man with life-threatening injuries consistent with firearms discharge. He was very sadly pronounced deceased at the scene.

"A second 31-year-old man suffered minor injuries consistent with firearms discharge. He was taken to hospital via ambulance to receive treatment.

"An investigation has been launched to find those responsible. Police remain at the scene and a cordon is in place whilst officers conduct their enquiries.

"If anyone has any information that might help, please call 101 quoting incident number 984 of 10 April.

"Alternatively, you can stay completely anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers via their website or by calling their UK Contact Centre on 0800 555 111."

Source: Read Full Article