The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have reportedly confirmed their interview with U.S. chat show host Oprah Winfrey will go ahead, despite Harry’s grandfather, Prince Philip being unwell, a source told PA News Agency.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Oprah interview is scheduled to be broadcast on ITV on March 7 and CBS in the United States.
Following Prince Philip’s hospital admission, the couple have faced calls to postpone its reveal, with others calling Harry "thoughtless," but a source told PA the airing will go ahead.
As "it stands" there isn't "any intention from the programme maker to change" the date as there are "a lot of people" talking about the Oprah special.
A source reportedly told PA: "There are a lot of people who are going to talk about this until the programme airs, but the programming and all the rest of it is ultimately up to CBS, we're not involved in that side of things.
"As it stands, I don't think there is any intention from the programme maker to change its air date."
The announcement comes after Buckingham Palace said the Duke of Edinburgh will be in hospital for the next few days recovering from an operation.
He underwent surgery on Wednesday March 3, the Palace said, three days after he was transferred from King Henry VII to St Bartholomew's in central London.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
CBS first teased the bombshell interview with Meghan and Harry on March 1, the same day Prince Philip moved hospital.
The channel released a clip to YouTube of the pair discussing what life was like for them prior to their decision to step back as senior members of the Royal Family.
Prince Harry, who lives in a luxury mansion in California, said life has been "incredibly hard" over the last year.
He also took a thinly-veiled swipe at his dad, Prince Charles, while speaking on his mother's death.
The Duke of Sussex said his only solace during the process is that he has Meghan, whereas his mum, Princess Diana, who was forced out when she and Charles divorced, had nobody.
Prince Philip's treatment 'hurting him' but he's 'slightly improving' Camilla says
In the wake of the clip, bullying accusations against the Duchess of Sussex have surfaced, with one senior aide claiming she had "destroyed" them, The Times reported.
Meghan Markle and her team have denied these accusations and branded them "nothing more than a smear campaign" against her character.
CBS then released a snippet of the former Suits star speaking to Oprah about her decision to speak out, claiming she has been left with no choice of "the Firm" continue to "perpetuate falsehoods."
Responding to Winfrey, Meghan says: "I don't know how they could expect that after all of this time we would still just be silent if there is an active role that The Firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us.
"And if that comes with risks of losing things, I mean, there's a lot that's been lost already."
- Prince Harry
- Meghan Markle
- Prince Philip
- Oprah Winfrey
Source: Read Full Article