A source close to the Royal family has said that aides fear that Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton will be “pitted against each other” in The Sussex’s new documentary.
This is after the trailer for the controversial series featured an image of the Princess of Wales glaring at the camera whilst Meghan looks on with concern, in an image taken in Westminster Abbey during the 2019 Commonwealth Day service.
Although the series has yet to be released, many are concerned that this will set the tone for the documentary with heavy comparisons drawn between the sisters-in-law.
READ MORE: Kate Middleton stuns in Princess Diana's £12m 'revenge choker' on glam US trip with Will
Focusing on The Sussex’s time in Britain before retiring from royal duties, the documentary will focus on how the women were treated by the Palace and the threats made against Meghan Markle’s life.
It's thought the documentary is likely to imply that the couple had no choice but to leave royal life.
Entitled 'Harry & Meghan', the series has already ruffled the feathers of royal aids after it’s trailer threatened to overshadow the Earthshot Prize Awards which was the purpose of the Cambridge’s recent US tour.
One source even told The Telegraph, that the documentary was “very wearing” for all involved.
However, those close to The Sussex's have insisted that no one in the royal family was blamed for their departure, nor were there any shocking revelations about the family.
The minute-long trailer has done little to quash these fears though.
Those who were interviewed as part of the doc-series are expected to be highly critical of the palace and discuss the so-called “invisible contract” it has with the press.
Prince Harry has regularly spoken about this, stating that her did not feel his wife wasn’t adequately protected from the press by the Royal family.
First snow hits UK with dramatic photos showing brutal weather and perilous conditions
This has frustrated one Royal source, who told The Telegraph: "People are now acting like Catherine has never had any bad press.”
They explained: "She already suffered the wild world of the royal fishbowl, it's just that she's been in it longer and is out the other side."
The Duke is also expected to criticise the lack of security provided for him and his wife, despite frequent threats made against their lives.
It is a claim backed by The Met’s former counter-terrorism officer Neil Basu in his recent explosive Channel 4 interview, which aired earlier this week.
As the Royal family prepare for the upcoming documentary, it has been reported that King Charles will hold crisis talks with his eldest son, Prince William.
A source close to the Netflix produce has alleged that the documentary will be “explosive” and “utterly damaging” to the crown.
They told the press: “I genuinely think it’s going to be worse than the royals can imagine.”
- King Charles' key royal role changes were to avoid 'terribly embarrassing' fallout
- Harry and Meghan's hearts 'in the right place' but 'too much of it seems like PR'
King's royal Christmas plan – guest list, menu and special Queen celebration
- Get £160 off an Apple iPhone 13 Pro in last-chance Cyber Monday sale on eBay
Source: Read Full Article