A woman ran over and killed her pensioner mother while she was putting out her bins, an inquest has heard.
Doreen Breen was walking past the garage with her rubbish when her daughter Hazel Smith reversed her Audi A3 out and knocked her to the ground.
Ms Smith, who the 93-year-old was staying with for a few days in May, insisted she did check her mirrors when reversing, but failed to see her mum.
READ MORE: Boy, 6, killed after being flung from favourite ride in amusement park horror
She added that she stopped when she heard the collision on her driveway in Eckington, Derbyshire.
Ms Breen was conscious and talking after the collision, and was taken to Chesterfield Royal Hospital, but died two days later of a brain injury and other injuries, Chesterfield Coroner's Court heard.
Derbyshire Police investigated the death but ruled there was not enough evidence for a criminal investigation.
Assistant Coroner Miss Susan Evans ruled that Ms Breen died following an accident after being struck by her daughter's car, hitting her head on the ground and suffering a traumatic brain injury along with other injuries.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
- Tragic Archie Battersbee died of brain injury after strangulation, coroner confirms
- Woman died after having two drinks on night out and collapsing in bar toilet
- Woman laid dead in London flat for whole week before neighbour reported 'foul smell'
- Dad took his own life after daughter, 29, died from botched Brazilian bum lift
- Dead brother of girl who was 'cut up for kebab meat' failed to 'get over' her death
Source: Read Full Article