Plane chaos as Bali tourists forced to turn around and fly straight home

Australian travelers jetting off for a Christmas holiday in Bali were forced into a U-turn after they had been in the air for 4 hours and instead went straight home.

Passengers on the Jetstar flight from Melbourne to Bali spent a total of eight hours in the air on the failed route – and had allegedly already waited five hours to board the plane.

Whilst in the air, the Jetstar flight crew had been informed by the local regulator in Indonesia that their plane had been denied landing approval as it was larger than expected.

READ MORE: Teen who miraculously survived brutal shark attack goes on to become champion swimmer

The Jetstar flight had originally been scheduled to run on an Airbus A321 however this had been swapped late on ‘to a larger Boeing 787 aircraft to carry more customers during the holidays.’

As the new larger plane did not have the relevant permissions to land it was redirected back to Tullamarine airport this morning (December 28).

In a statement, Jetstar apologised for the mishap and said they would be providing customers with hotel accommodation and a travel voucher.

A spokesman said: “Unfortunately, due to a miscommunication, the swap to a larger aircraft had not been approved by the local regulator in Indonesia. As soon as we became aware, the flight returned to Melbourne, and we have rebooked passengers on a flight later today.

“We know this has been an extremely frustrating experience for customers and sincerely apologise for what happened. While customers wait for their new flight, we’re providing them with hotel rooms and meal vouchers, and we’ll cover additional airport transport costs.

“We’ve begun a review to understand how the miscommunication happened so we can prevent it from occurring again.”


  • Dog turns on hairdryer, starts bedroom fire and suffers from smoke inhalation
  • Chile prepares big evacuation as blazing forest fire damages around 200 homes
  • Firefighters evacuate more than 1,000 people over London gas main rupture

Source: Read Full Article