Prince Charles posts about farming on Harry and Meghan’s anniversary

Prince Charles has marked a special three-year anniversary – and it's nothing to do with his son Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle's wedding day.

The third anniversary of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Royal Wedding falls on Wednesday, May 19, and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to receive well wishes from people across the world to celebrate the special occasion.

Harry and Meghan married during a glittering ceremony on May 19 2018 and are likely to mark their milestone privately at their Californian home.

And on Wednesday, May 19, Prince Harry's dad Prince Charles took to Instagram to mark a three-year anniversary – but wrote that it has now been three years since the Sandringham Estate transitioned to a fully organic operation.

When the post was published he had not said anything publically about his son and daughter-in-law's wedding anniversary.

In a post on Instagram, Clarence House wrote: "In this week’s issue of @Countrylifemagazine, The Prince of Wales explains why farming naturally and sustainably is so vital for the soil, wildlife and our own health.

"Three years ago, the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk began transitioning to a fully organic operation, something HRH has been involved with from the start."

Prince Harry announced his engagement to US actress Meghan Markle in November 2017 after a secret proposal.

The stunning ceremony was followed by two glamorous receptions with their nearest and dearest.

Traditionally, a third wedding anniversary is celebrated by exchanging gifts made from leather.

The wedding heralded a new chapter for the monarchy as it was welcoming a person of mixed race into the family for the first time in centuries.

  • Prince Harry is 'close to well of public sympathy being tapped dry', royal expert claims

But just 18 months after exchanging their vows the Sussexes travelled to North America with their son Archie and have never permanently returned to their UK home.

Millions of people around the world tuned in to watch the couple exchange their vows while their loved ones watched on from the church pews.

The couple launched straight into royal duties after their wedding, just days after making their first official engagement as a married couple at a garden party celebrating the Prince of Wales's charity work.

But a royal author has claimed the first signs of a 'rift' between Meghan Markle and the Firm started to appear just four days after the wedding at this garden party.

Lady Colin Campbell, best known for her 1992 best-seller book, Diana in Private: The Princess Nobody and for being on ITV's I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, told the Daily Star warning signs emerged just four days after the lavish wedding.

In her book, Meghan and Harry: The Real Story, Lady Colin writes that Harry and Meghan: “plunged in, glad-handing those who had been selected for introductions.

  • Meghan Markle was a 'missed chance for Queen to modernise the Royal Family'

"She charmed everyone. Fifteen minutes into the event, she turned to Harry and said, ‘Harry, this is really boring. Let’s leave.’

"To his credit, he informed her that they would have to stay. ‘But Harry,’ she said, ‘this is so boring. We’ve done our bit. Everyone knows we’ve been here. Let’s go.’ Harry asserted that they had to stay, and they moved on."

Source: Read Full Article