Prince Harry branded ‘thoughtless’ for Oprah talk while Philip fights for health

Prince Harry has been branded "thoughtless" for his sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey by a royal expert.

Richard Kay, who was also a friend of his mum Princess Diana, said the timing was in bad taste.

A trailer for Meghan Markle and Harry’s bombshell chat with Oprah aired on Monday March 1 as the Duke’s grandfather while Prince Philip was in hospital.

The Queen’s husband was admitted to King Henry VII over two weeks ago, but was moved to another facility, Bartholomew Hospital, on Monday as Harry was seen speaking of how "unbelievably tough" life had been.

Kay slammed Harry for his "implied criticism" of the Royal Family, especially at a time of great worry for Her Majesty and Philip.

Writing for MailOnline, Kay wrote: "His comments, recorded last month, that the couple's decision to leave Britain for a new life in Los Angeles had been 'unbelievably tough' are not new, but the implied criticism of the Royal Family in the melodramatic trailer — at a time when the focus is on Philip — looks both insensitive and thoughtless.

"When someone of the Duke of Edinburgh's great age — 99 — is in hospital there are always uncertainties.

"Although for so long a man of robust health, his move from the King Edward VII Hospital to Bart's suggests a concerning escalation in his welfare.

"How much better it would have been to have ensured that no advance publicity for the interview was authorised until the news about Philip had been a little more positive."

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

The Duke of Sussex was shown making a thinly veiled dig at his father, Prince Charles, while speaking of his mother's tragic death.

As he sat clutching Meghan's hand Harry said he couldn't imagine what it was like to go through leaving the Royal Family "alone".

Prince Charles and Princess Diana divorced on August 28, 1996.

  • Prince Harry and Meghan 'to launch fierce attack on palace staff' in Oprah interview

Diana was heavily covered by the media until her death on August 31 1997.

Mr Kay said Harry's dig at his father "insensitive and thoughtless" and urged the Duke of Sussex to pause and think of the life of Prince Philip before "giving full rein to his complaints on camera."

Source: Read Full Article