Russians ‘caught admitting to shelling own citizens’ so they can blame Ukraine

The Ukrainian security services have released a recording of what they say is a phone call between a Russian soldier and his wife.

During the call, the man admits to deliberately shelling a village in his own country in a “false flag” operation designed to discredit Ukraine.

Late yesterday, a statement from Russian sources said Ukrainian helicopters had carried out the attack, which injured a number of civilians.

"Moving at low altitude, they carried out at least six air strikes on residential buildings in the village of Klimovo,”

According to the Russian statement, six buildings were damaged and at least seven people had been injured, two of them seriously.

But according to Ukraine, it was a deliberate Russian disinformation campaign. Ukraine’s security services revealed the alleged deception on social media, saying: “Russia itself fired on the village. Klimovo in the Bryansk region, although [it] blamed Ukraine for this.

In the intercepted phone call the Russian soldier says “It was we who fired on Klimovo”.

When the man’s wife asks him why he would do such a thing he replies: “… it is necessary. This is done in order to provoke the type of Ukrainians. And that's why they fall."

  • Vladimir Putin won't give order to launch nukes for one simple reason, expert says

"It was the same in the Chechen war,” he continues, “apartments were blown up in Moscow, like terrorists. In fact, it is the FSB. Just now [Ukraine] could not shoot from such a distance to Klimovo.”

He was apparently referring to a series of explosions in Moscow in September 1999 that killed 300, creating massive anti-Chechen feeling in Russia and allowing Vladimir Putin, Russian Prime Minister at the time, to launch the Second Chechen War. It was this war that boosted Putin’s popularity, helping propel him into the presidency a few months later.

Rumours have swirled for many years that the deadly bombings were part of an FSB false flag operation. Investigations into the truth behind the bombings have hit innumerable obstacles and have never reached a conclusion.

There have been multiple examples of Russian false flag operations since the initial attack on Ukraine in February.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

A video circulating a Russian-backed Telegram channel in the early days of the war claimed to show a clash between an "enemy sabotage group" and pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine.

But an exposé by investigation agency Bellincat revealed that the clip had been shot at a military firing range in Finland way back in 2010.

Another clip, supposedly recorded on February 18 by Denis Pushilin, head of the so-called Donetsk People's Republic, which warned of an attack from Ukraine, had actually been recorded days before.

Most damningly, a video emerging from pro-Russian outlets showing a car supposedly blown up by a roadside bomb planted by Ukrainians in Donbas had multiple flaws that proved it to be a fake.

Source: Read Full Article