Salon trashed by masked thugs who fled saying ‘s*** was that the right one?’

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

A beautician has been left terrified and baffled after her salon was trashed by masked thugs in an unprovoked attack.

Becky Pattison, 21, had only been able to open the doors to her Nails by Becky salon on the A6 in Stockport six days earlier when the government's roadmap allowed non-essential retail and personal care services to re-open for the first time since Christmas.

However the struggling young businesswoman has now been left petrified and with a bill of several thousand pounds following the attack, for which there is no known motive.

Attackers targeted the Stockport salon, which offers nail, eyebrow and make-up services, after closing time on Sunday, April 18.

Around 9:15pm, according to an eyewitness, two men wearing balaclavas approached the shop and throw a total of four bricks through the front window.

One of the men also reportedly filmed the damage on his phone before they both fled.

Becky told the Manchester Evening News that the eyewitness heard the attackers shout “Oh s***” and “Was that the right one?” as they made off.

She was alerted to the attack and dashed to her shop only to find the front window smashed, with glass strewn and other damage caused inside.

Becky was forced to close the salon for two days whilst the damage was cleaned up, losing vital business in just her second week of re-opening.

"I'm just devastated" she said.

"Really shocked and scared.

"I had only just been able to work again after four months off so this was the last thing I needed.

"I've no idea why it happened – it was completely unprovoked. Which makes it worse in a way.

"I haven't been in an argument or anything like that.

"I know sometimes beauty salons are easy targets because they mostly don't have shutters.

"But I'm just really scared it will happen again now.”

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

The window blinds and screens in the waiting area were damaged, as well as the plate glass window. The cost of the window repair will be covered by her insurance but other damage will not be.

And Becky now says she will have to install shutters so scared is she of a repeat attack. The cost of installing shutters will not be covered leaving Becky facing a bill of around £3,000.

One of Becky's customers have started a crowd-funding campaign to help her with the costs, which has already raised over £600, a gesture she said has left her really touched.

However, she said the damage has been financially devastating for her after such a hard few months. She had only taken over the salon in the middle of the pandemic, in August last year.

"I contemplated not carrying on the shop" Becky said.

"I haven't been able to earn anything for four months now this happens.

"I honestly feel victimised.

"I need to get shutters installed now just to make me and my staff feel safe whilst opening and locking up, and also to stop me being sat at home panicking about it happening again."

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman confirmed they were called at 9.45pm on Sunday 18 April to a report of "men in balaclavas throwing bricks at a beauty salon on Buxton Road, Stockport."

They are now appealing with anyone with information to come forward.

Information can be reported online, if able, or via calling 101 quoting incident 3072 of 18/04/2021.

Details can also be passed toindependent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

  • Crime

Source: Read Full Article