A young woman has died after choking during a chocolate cake eating contest while on a night out with pals.
Alexandra Yudina, a paramedic, took part in the contest where she had to eat three cakes as quickly as possible.
Pals could only watch in horror as she began to choke before collapsing while taking part in the contest at a bar in Russia.
It was reported Alexandra – known to her friends as Sasha – had been diagnosed six months ago with leukaemia, and that she told friends she wanted to live life to the full.
The 23-year-old’s tragic death was also filmed and caught on CCTV, with video showing the deeply distressing moment at the venue, called the Killifish.
She seemed in good spirits before taking part in the contest, and can be seen at the end with her her mouth full and seemingly unable to swallow.
Harrowing moment huge wave sweeps famous DJ off rocks and drags him into the sea
Aspiring model's dreams crushed after bonfire explosion disfigures face
Boy, 4, drowns on Thomas Cook holiday after sneaking into the adults-only pool
The young medic then covers her mouth with her hands and pats her chest as she realised she is in trouble.
A few seconds later as she walked away from the table where the contest was held,.
CCTV footage shows a photographer taking her picture as she suddenly became unsteady on her feet while she heads for the toilets.
The person next to her tries to catch her but she collapses on the floor.
Reports say she still had cake in her mouth and as as she gasped for breath her air pipe becoming blocked.
Gran dies after being hit on head with rugby ball while watching grandson play
Woman, 23, hanged herself after 'freaking out' soon after taking cocaine with friends
Bar staff and her friends – some with medical qualifications – rushed to help her but were unable to clear the blockage.
An ambulance crew arrived quickly but could not save her, it was reported.
Footage of the appalling incident was released by pro-Kremlin REN TV and party-goers at the tragic event.
Her illness was was not confirmed by her grieving father Vasily Yudin, 57.
She had not planned to do so when she went out for Saturday evening with friends but joined in when the contest started, said reports.
Today's Top Stories
Each competitor was given three small chocolate cakes.
Later reports said they were instructed to eat three Choco Pies – a cake snack with marshmallow filling.
Videos shows how Alexandra – who had graduated from medical college with a qualification as a paramedic doctor – ate the first one then tried to eat two at once.
It was after this that she choked.
Alexandra had been happily “drinking, dancing and joking” earlier in the evening, said friends.
Source: Read Full Article